Detroit Product Liability Attorneys
For most Americans, purchasing a new good or product doesn’t require much thought about one’s safety. Consumers place a great deal of faith in product manufacturers and expect the goods that they sell to be carefully tested and guaranteed safe for use.
Unfortunately, this is not always the case, and far too often, individuals are exposed to dangerous or defective products that have the potential to cause severe or even life-threatening injuries.
Defective or dangerous products ruin thousands of lives every year. Consumers place a generous amount of faith in product manufacturers and expect the goods that they sell to be carefully tested to ensure the consumer’s safety. But that is not always the case, and far too often, product manufacturers and sellers expose consumers to dangerous or defective products that have the potential to cause severe or even life-threatening injury.
For this reason, product liability laws were established to determine which party is responsible for a defective product. Product liability lawsuits play an essential role in ensuring that the products consumers use are safe.
If an unsafe product harmed you or someone you know, then you may be entitled to recover damages. At Ravid & Associates, P.C. our experienced Detroit product liability lawyers will help you navigate the difficult legal terrain to help you move forward with your life.
Why Do I Need a Product Liability Lawyer?
Product liability claims cover a complicated and broad legal ground. Pinpointing who is responsible for a potentially harmful product requires the assistance and testimony of an experienced attorney. Also, every state has its laws and specific statutes that govern the terrain of a product liability case. If you or a loved one has suffered from an error in a potentially defective product, immediately contact an experienced attorney that will evaluate your options and will fight to recover your damages.
How Can Ravid & Associates, P.C. Help Me With My Product Liability Case?
You need a product liability lawyer in Detroit that is right for your case. At Ravid & Associates, P.C. our attorneys take pride in providing quality representation and together have represented over 10,000 Michigan families and residents. We serve all our clients on a contingency fee, which means if you do not recover compensation for your claim, we do not get paid.
The attorneys and staff at Ravid & Associates, P.C. will fight for our clients to not only receive fair compensation but also to get the assistance and compassion they deserve while recovering from an injury or loss. Our entire staff will walk you through the long legal process and help reclaim your life.
What is Product Liability and Who is Responsible?
Product liability refers to the manufacturer, seller, or supplier who is responsible for placing a harmful product in the hands of a consumer. The law requires that a product meet the ordinary expectations of the consumer. Therefore, if a product is found to be harmful to the consumer, it can be said that the good does not meet the general expectation of the consumer.
In that case, the consumer may be owed financial compensation for their injuries. Also, the responsibility for a product defect that causes injury can lie at any level of the distribution chain, such as:
- The product manufacturer
- The manufacturer of parts
- The party that assembles or installs the product
- The wholesaler
- The retail store that sold the product to the consumer
The attorneys at Ravid & Associates, P.C. have spent their professional lives fighting for justice in the Michigan community. If you or a loved one has been hurt by a defective product, immediately seek medical attention. As soon as your injuries permit, contact a product liability attorney to discuss your case. Do not speak to representatives of insurance companies, the manufacturer, or seller responsible for your injuries. It is in their interest to make sure you recover little or nothing.
Product Defect Claims We Handle
While almost any type of product can become the source of a product liability claim, there are many products that are familiar sources of defects and subsequent injuries. At Ravid & Associates, P.C. we are ready to help you in cases involving any of the following:
- Pharmaceutical Products – Instead of helping a health condition, some pharmaceutical products can cause additional harmful effects to your body. Pharmaceutical companies have a responsibility to ensure the safety and well-being of the individuals who use their products above all else. Whether this danger was imposed by the manufacturer or dispensing pharmacy, you should not have to suffer the financial repercussions of further medical bills if you or a loved one has wrongfully been harmed by pharmaceutical products.
- Garage Door Openers – Because the garage door opener has made lives easier, few people think about the potential hazards of operating the device. However, defective garage door openers can leave people with injuries and, in the worst cases, lead to fatal injuries. Even worse, many of these defects are avoidable and caused by a negligent manufacturer or company.
- Food Products and Containers – Consumers rarely consider a food product as dangerous and usually expect their food not to be toxic. However, negligent food companies and manufacturers will put dangerous products on the shelves for consumers to purchase. While some of these instances may not be severe enough to lead to a hospital visit, some toxic food products can lead to severe illness and, in the worst cases, death.
- Childcare Products and Children’s Toys – Young children are naturally very curious. For this reason, the design of certain toys is pivotal to a child’s safety. Unfortunately, child product manufacturers, suppliers, designers, and retailers often overlook this responsibility in ways that can significantly harm a child’s health and well-being through no fault of the parent or guardian.
- All-Terrain Vehicles (ATVs) – Recreational products can provide entertainment for consumers and may have health benefits as well, particularly in the case of bicycles or exercise equipment. Unfortunately, some of these products are potentially dangerous and have defects that may cause serious injuries.
- Manufacturing Defects – If a poorly manufactured product left the factory and caused injury to a consumer, the manufacturer has to pay for any injuries.
- Design Defects – If a flaw or error is inherent in the design of a product, the manufacturer may be found liable.
By filing a product liability claim, not only could you secure the financial compensation that you and your family need to cover your injury-related expenses, but you can also draw public attention to a dangerous or defective product and hopefully prevent others from suffering a similar injury.
Frequently Asked Questions
For a product liability case to arise, the injured party must prove that the product that caused the injury was defective to the point of making the good reasonably hazardous. Many people do not fully understand what this means, which is why we are here to help answer any and all questions you have about the product that caused you harm and your legal options. Contact us today at (248) 963-1473 to discuss the specifics of your claim and read our frequently asked product liability questions below:
What does the term “product liability” mean?
Product liability refers to a manufacturer or seller who is liable for placing a defective good into the possession of a consumer. Responsibility for a product defect that causes injury can lie at any level in the distribution chain.
What is the time limit for my product liability claim?
The statute of limitations in Michigan for product liability claims is three years, running from the date of injury. Once the statute of limitations deadline passes, you are no longer entitled to recover compensation for your claim. Though in some circumstances your statute of limitations period may have been suspended, in most cases you will be deemed to have relinquished your claim for recovery once the deadline passes.
How difficult is it to take on a product manufacturer in a liability case?
Product manufacturers will spare no expense in defending claims caused by a product defect. Product liability claims are a complex legal issue that requires an experienced product liability attorney and law firm. An experienced attorney can research and thoroughly investigate the claim on your behalf, granting your case much better chances of success against a large product manufacturer.
Why do I need to retain an attorney?
Manufacturers, distributors, and sellers have significant resources and experienced attorneys of their own to immediately begin building a defense. It is in your best interest and the best interest of your loved ones to retain a knowledgeable product liability attorney as soon as possible.
Speak with a Detroit Product Liability Lawyer
If you have been the victim of a dangerous or defective product, you may be entitled to pursue a product liability claim. Contact the Detroit product liability lawyers of Ravid & Associates, P.C. today at (248) 963-1473 to discuss your case with a qualified legal professional and learn more about what we may be able to do to help you fight for justice.