Detroit Area Workers’ Compensation Payment Lawyers
Workers’ compensation claims can be challenging to get approved, and unfortunately, there can even sometimes be difficulties in getting paid after approval. If you are experiencing a significant hurdle in receiving your workers’ compensation payments, you should contact Detroit Personal Injury Attorneys right away.
Workers’ compensation comes as the result of an injury in the workplace, and you should not have to suffer further because you have not received compensation from your employer. The legal processes surrounding workers’ compensation can be complicated, and you do not have to handle your case on your own. Contact the Detroit area workers’ compensation payment lawyers of Detroit Personal Injury Attorneys today at (248) 948-9696 to speak with one of our legal professionals about your case.
How Can a Lawyer Help Me With My Workers’ Compensation Payment Case?
An attorney with experience and knowledge of the workers’ compensation claim process can assist significantly in making sure that you receive the compensation that you need to recover and pay for your family’s expenses. Your employer’s insurer has an incentive to pay out as little as possible. An effective workers’ compensation attorney knows how to communicate with a stubborn insurance company. An experienced attorney can ensure that you are getting the payments you deserve.
Pursuing payment on an approved workers’ compensation claim can be tricky. Though your claim was approved, now it’s up to the insurance company to ensure that the claim is paid out in a timely fashion. Unfortunately, this doesn’t always happen. Additionally, as part of the terms of the approved claim, there may be certain things that you are not allowed to do or things that you must do, such as attend medical evaluations. If you believe that your claim was reduced or revoked in a way that is inconsistent with the terms of the claim, a workers’ compensation claims lawyer can fight back against these problems and make sure that you are able to continue to collect the compensation that you need.
How Can Detroit Personal Injury Attorneys Help Me With My Worker’s Compensation Payment Case?
Detroit Personal Injury Attorneys brings an intimate familiarity with workers’ compensation law and with the local Detroit community. We understand that filing workers’ compensation claims can be a frustrating and painstaking process. Ensuring that you are able to receive the benefits you were awarded is the last thing that should be on your mind when trying to recover from a workplace injury.
We will be able to help you recover the compensation that you deserve by holding insurance companies accountable, making sure that you are informed of all your legal and compensation options and requirements, and helping you understand the terms of your workers’ compensation claim. The Detroit area workers’ compensation approved claim payments lawyers of Detroit Personal Injury Attorneys are here to help. We have recovered millions of dollars in workers’ compensation for our past clients, and we are ready to do the same for you. Furthermore, we are experienced trial lawyers, unlike many personal injury lawyers, so we are unafraid to take your case to court if necessary to get you the payment you need and deserve.
Pursing Payment on an Approved Worker’s Compensation Claim
Just as filing a workers’ compensation claim can be a complex process, so too can making sure that you adhere to the guidelines of the approved claim and that you are paid the compensation that you deserve. Unfortunately, insurance companies do not have your best interest at heart and are incentivized to pay out as little as possible. Tactics they may use to justify a delay in payment or payment itself include:
- Using investigators – Your employers’ insurance company will look for any reason to stop paying your claim. They may hire a private investigator to monitor your social media habits and, possibly, follow your activities. Insurance companies will often claim that this is to stop fraud and abuse, but this can be an attempt to justify stopping payment.
- Claiming conditions are external to work – Insurance companies may often try to pass off certain conditions, especially arthritis, as something that hastened your condition. They may attempt to explain away the fact that your injury was workplace-related on the basis of a preexisting condition.
- Not informing you of all possible benefits – In an attempt to pay out as little as possible, the insurance company may not make you aware of additional benefits that you may be eligible to collect as a part of your workers’ compensation claim, which can include medical benefits beyond doctors’ visits, as well as:
- Attendant care for you and your family — This includes a nurse to help with daily activities, such as mobility, dressing, administering medications, and other tasks made difficult through your injury.
- Vocational rehabilitation — This can include job retraining as well as potential tuition reimbursements and other expenses required to return to employment.
- Job retraining — Should the injury put you out of your specific line of work, you may be eligible for a job retraining program.
Detroit Personal Injury Attorneys has experience dealing with cases that include the above situations and more. We promise to treat you and your case as unique, help you understand your legal options, and help you to make sure that you receive the compensation that you are entitled to.
Contact Detroit Personal Injury Attorneys Today to Discuss Your Case
If you or a loved one is experiencing issues in collecting payment on an approved workers’ compensation claim in the Detroit area, you should contact an attorney as soon as possible to discuss your case. One requirement of approved workers’ compensation claims is that they must be paid out promptly, and you should not have the suffer the consequences when an insurance company is delaying or holding back payment.
An experienced workers’ compensation claim lawyer can help you to recover the compensation that you fought for and won — compensation that you need to recover and provide for your family. Please contact the Detroit area workers’ compensation lawyers of Detroit Personal Injury Attorneys today at (248) 948-9696 to schedule a free consultation regarding the details of your case.