Detroit Insurance Claims Attorneys
If you diligently pay your insurance premium, you should expect the insurance company to protect you financially in the event of a car accident. Unfortunately, confusion or disagreements between policyholders and their insurance companies often lead to litigation between drivers and insurance companies. The Detroit insurance claims attorneys of Detroit Personal Injury Attorneys, know how frustrating it is for drivers to have to face down insurance companies alone, and we can help you determine the best course of action for your situation. Make sure you know all your options. Call Detroit Personal Injury Attorneys today at (248) 948-9696 to learn more.
Why You Need a Lawyer
After you’ve been in a car accident, the last thing you want to do is deal with insurance agents. An undesirable situation becomes even worse when your insurance company abandons you. It’s easy to lose trust after something so unfortunate. Fortunately, there’s hope when you hire a lawyer to represent you and hold your insurance company accountable. Hiring a lawyer is a logical next step that often yields results that are better than you had even hoped for. If you’ve already decided to pursue litigation, you may have considered representing yourself. This is generally not advised because of how complex legal issues can become, especially when an insurance company refuses to pay a fair amount. These cases require a lot of nuance and negotiating that are best handled by someone who has dealt with similar claims before. As someone who has already been taken advantage of, you likely know that insurance companies don’t always have your best interests at heart, and are not going to back down easily if it means keeping their money. Because of this, an insurance claim has the largest chance of success when it’s in the hands of an experienced and skilled lawyer. A professional and aggressive legal representative will keep your case on track, remind you of important dates and deadlines, craft and present an argument, collect evidence, and talk with other lawyers and insurance agents on your behalf.
If you’re dealing with the consequences of a car accident while still trying to maintain a normal life, choosing to represent yourself in your insurance claim is only going to add unnecessary stress, and more than likely, end with you failing to get the results you want. Partnering with a lawyer you trust eliminates the uncertainty so you can focus on your recovery.
Why You Should Choose Detroit Personal Injury Attorneys to Handle Your Case
At Detroit Personal Injury Attorneys, we don’t just care about winning another case, we care about our clients as people who have recently been through a difficult time in their lives. We take offense to insurance companies who only pretend to have their customers’ best interests at heart. In reality, we’ve seen enough personal injury cases to know that insurance companies don’t always play fair. They make money off of not paying the full amount you are owed or denying your claim outright and will try to do it unless they’re held accountable. Our law firm operates differently. We represent people on a contingent fee basis, meaning that we don’t take anything in legal fees unless we win your case. Our priority is making sure you’re taken care of the way you should have been all along so that you can get on with your life without worrying about the future. A car accident is a traumatic event, and if you or a loved one has been injured, you might have expensive medical bills on top of vehicular damage. You’ve also probably taken time off work, which only adds to the mounting financial burden that your insurance company is not acknowledging.
Our firm is made up of exemplary trial lawyers who are considered among the finest in Michigan. We’ve helped thousands of people who have been in situations much like yours, and we can do it again. Our extensive experience makes us continuously successful in court and on a one-on-one basis with our clients, who attest to our professionalism and effectiveness.
Common Insurance Claims Issues
There are many reasons that people dispute their insurance companies in Detroit. Oftentimes it is because insurance companies aren’t paying what a policyholder believes is due. Many common insurance claims have to do with:
- Deceptive practices – Insurance companies will sometimes fail to inform policy-holders of different types of coverage available to them. They may also not give you adequate time to file paperwork, all to ensure that they don’t have to pay you for the full extent of your damages.
- Misrepresented policies – This is when an insurance company misinterprets a policy on purpose so that it will negatively affect your ability to receive financial compensation. They will say that a policy doesn’t cover a certain situation when it actually does, all in an effort to pay less than they should.
- Uninvestigated claims – Insurance companies are supposed to investigate each claim to determine exactly what happened and what is covered in the client’s policy. By not properly investigating a car accident, they may be omitting important details that would affect how much they have to pay.
- Underpaid claims – Only offering to pay a portion of what the claim is actually worth is a very common tactic with insurance companies, who are counting on their policy-holders to be too timid, stressed, or tired to argue with them. This is an especially low-blow after the person in question has already been through an ordeal like a car accident, but it saves the insurance companies money when no one calls them out.
- Exaggerated claims – Trying to exaggerate the urgency of a claim and acting as if the money is going to disappear if you don’t act fast, is a tactic that insurance agents will use to pressure you take a smaller amount than you’re owed. They’re counting on you accepting any offer because “something is better than nothing.”
These are all examples of bad faith insurance practices. Acting on bad faith essentially means that they are acting unfairly toward their policy-holders. Insurance companies are supposed to hold up their end of the deal and help policy-holders by investigating all claims and settling them fairly, and though they may advertise that they act in good faith, in reality, they’re trying to avoid paying large amounts to settle claims. All of these situations could lead to disputes with the insurance company, which can be troublesome in a couple of ways. You need your insurance money to cover damages, and it is frustrating to be told you will not be paid for something you believe you have coverage for. Fortunately, an experienced Detroit insurance claims attorney can help you fight back against a recalcitrant insurance company.
Contact an Insurance Claims Lawyer in Detroit
If you or someone you know is having trouble claiming benefits from an insurance company and you believe you are owed compensation, the Detroit insurance claims attorneys of Detroit Personal Injury Attorneys, may be able to help. Contact our offices in Detroit today by calling (248) 948-9696 today to learn more about your options and how we can help you.